The crypto currency transaction system can be vulnerable if the correct precautionary measures are not taken. Take note of some recommendations.
The crypto currency fever grows and makes its way amid criticism and rumors. The main dart that bitcoin must dodge daily is the questioning of the instability of its value and later the vulnerability of its security system appears.
In that sense, one of the biggest challenges when it comes to operating with bitcoins is choosing a digital wallet.
- The protocol: The most important point to take into account when choosing a wallet on the web is the protocol that it is still treated. If it is HTTPS, then it means that the information that is transferred is encrypted. And that is just what we should look for.
- Multifirm: It is a fundamental option to protect against theft and cyber-attacks. The reason is simple: the multiform implies that several private keys will be needed to transfer or spend the bitcoins in the account. Which provides greater security and makes difficult the task of the malicious ones.
- Use a versatile bitcoin client: It allows to change to a new address with each operation. It is ideal to accompany the task of hiding the IP address.
- Have control over the bitcoins: At this point Infobae emphasizes that it is important that the user has access to the private keys of the bitcoins wallet; otherwise, you have no control over them. These keys allow you to decide how and when to transfer the coins from the wallet and also offers the possibility of making a backup out of service.
- Make a backup: Not only for cryptocurrencies or the financial world. This security measure is valid for everything that happens in the digital world. It is not enough just to have the data in the cloud, in addition, it is crucial that there is a correlate of that information in a hardware such as a disk or pen drive. It is necessary to take all possible precautions to avoid tragedies.
- Transparency Experts recommend that the wallet be open source: as this form ensures two main advantages: knowing how bitcoin is being secured and verifying effectively if there is any vulnerability, according to the Bitcoin.com site.
- Encrypt the wallet: Infobae emphasizes that the wallet must always be encrypted. If you have your wallet on your own computer, it can be encrypted, either the entire unit or just the space where the virtual money files are located.